HOW TO CARE FOR LAMBSKIN LEATHER
Lambskin leather is beyond beautiful. It is as soft as leather can come and will make you feel as if you have a luxurious second skin. While it is beautiful and can make you feel wonderful, it is also more difficult to take care of because it is so fragile. Caring for leather has always been tricky especially when its delicate lambskin! Keeping lambskin leather in good condition takes some TLC.
CONDITIONING LAMBSKIN LEATHER IS VITAL
A good leather conditioner works in several ways. It will protect the surface from stains by creating a light barrier over the absorbent leather fibers so lambskin leather won’t soak up any accident that may happen. Conditioning your lambskin will help prevent it from wrinkling by keeping the lambskin leather moisturized and nourished. Leather conditioner also helps get rid of deeper scratches over time, keeps the lambskin leather from losing it’s luster, and can fade some spots slowly with continuous use.
- ALWAYS USE A GOOD LAMBSKIN PROTECTANT BEFORE WEARING LAMBSKIN GARMENT
- PROTECTANT IS BEST SPRAYED ON EVENLY NOT RUBBED INTO LEATHER AS IT MAY STREAK
CLEANING LAMBSKIN LEATHER
Be very cautious when cleaning lambskin leather it is difficult to clean without darkening the lambskin leather.
- USE A CLEAN, SOFT CLOTH AND SLOWLY WIPE THE STAIN IN A GENTLE MANNER DO NOT SCRUB OR USE WATER
- FOR DIFFICULT STAINS, GET PROFESSIONAL CLEANED
STORING YOUR LAMBSKIN LEATHER
A large part of caring for your lambskin leather is how it is stored.
- Use a padded hanger to retain a lambskin leather jacket shape.
- Do not cover lambskin leather in plastic as this will cause it to dry out.
- Do not store lambskin leather in direct sunlight.
- Store your lambskin in a cool, dry place, not hot and moist.